VxWorks/Tornado bootable project tutorial



This is my OLD blog. I've copied this post over to my NEW blog at:

http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/2007/02/vxworkstornado-bootable-project/

You should be redirected in 2 seconds.



 How to create a bootable application for the Simulator in Tornado 2.2 on Windows.
  1. From the "File" menu, select "New Project..."
  2. Double-click "Create a bootable VxWorks image (custom configured)
  3. Enter "Name:", "Location:", etc. Click "Next".
  4. Select the "A BSP" option. Select "simpc" and "gnu" for the "Tool". (The path should automatically be "C:\Tornado2.2\target\config\simpc".) Click "Next".
  5. Click "Finish".
  6. In the "Workspace" window, right-click on your project and select "Add Files..."
  7. Navigate to your source directory. Select all the files. (Click the first file, then while holding the "Shift" key, click the last file.) Click "Add".
  8. Double-click on usrAppInit.c. Under "/* add application specific code here */", add the entry-point function call for your application. Save the file.
  9. In the "Workspace" window, right-click on your project and select "Build 'vxWorks.exe'"
  10. Click "OK" to calculate dependencies.
  11. Your project should now build.
To run your bootable application:
  1. From the "Tools" menu, select "Simulator..."
  2. Select the "Custom-build simulator" option
  3. Click "Browse..." and navigate to your project directory. In the "default" folder, select "vxWorks.exe".
  4. Click "OK".
  5. Your application should now run.
See also my Downloadable Project Tutorial

Technorati tags:

No comments:

About

This is my *OLD* blog. I've copied all of my posts and comments over to my NEW blog at:

http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/.

Please go there for my updated posts. I will leave this blog up for a short time, but eventually plan to delete it. Thanks for reading.